Tier One Retailer (ASX50)
National Hydrogen Network Strategy
- The client was investigating the establishment of commercial pilot and future hydrogen production and export facilities throughout Australia.
- The network characteristics presented both risks and opportunities for siting the facilities and future markets.
- The client engaged Clutch to identify suitable sites, understand key stakeholders, identify risk/issues as well as potential network (ancillary) related markets.
- Clutch undertook a review of the NEM topography and market to identify potential sites which would most suitable to support the hydrogen facilities mentioned.
- Provided an in-depth review of these areas including key risks and opportunities and some key agreed characteristics.
- Generated a stakeholder engagement strategy to identify critical external stakeholders and planned/tracked interactions with the stakeholders.
- A ranked list of likely sites for hydrogen facilities at desktop level to allow the client to focus attention on the most attractive sites.
- Key stakeholders identified and fully understood by the client including an engagement plan to ensure appropriate stakeholder engagement.
- Key risks, issues and opportunities related to the network environment to consider and manage.
- Existing and nascent network ancillary related market identified which could provide potential revenue streams for the business case.
- The client had a significant improved awareness of the network related issues which supported internal decision making and the development of the business case.